Third Annual Juneteenth Celebration
June 17 @ 10:00 am - 9:30 pm
The Doleman Black Heritage Museum hosts the Third Annual Juneteenth Celebration – University Plaza, 50 W. Washington Street, Hagerstown, MD with a Sock and Underwear Drive for Children in Need. 2023 Juneteenth Celebration-Hagerstown kicks off on Friday, June 16, from 5 – 9:30 pm and Saturday, June 17, from 10 am – 9:30 pm. The event organizers will do a Socks and Underwear Drive for Children in Need this year. The aim is to provide all Washington County children with essential clothing, personal care items, and educational supplies.
Nonprofit organizations are welcome to perform outreach for this event. To sign up, call Ms. Parson at 301.797.5019. Download the Press Release here
Schedule of events for the weekend: Bring your yoga mat, lawn chair, or blankets for a fun day. Food Vendor, Craft Vendors, Henna Design Artists, Nonprofit Outreach, and Adult Beverages provided by Thick-N- Thin Brewery Co.
- Friday, June 16.
- 5 pm – 8 pm kick-off – Why We Celebrate Juneteenth. What Came Next – Notable community members recite literary works from Jim Crow and the Harlem Renaissance eras.
- 8 pm – 9:30 pm – Community Socially Conscious Karaoke
- Saturday, June 17.
- 10 am – The Believers Unity Walk
- 10 am – 12 pm, Health & Wellness The Floating Yogi – Sound Healing, Breathing Techniques, and Yoga. People with Disabilities and Seniors are encouraged to participate.
- 11 am – 3 pm, Children Friendly Fun and Games
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm, Mental Health & Wellness – Washington County Health Department
- 1:45 pm – 3 pm, Community Line Dancing
- 3 pm – 4:30 pm Character Fashion Show
- 4 pm – 5 pm, Live Jazz, Tone Pulse
- 5 pm – 6:30 pm, Musicians Live Jam Session – Directed by Producer, Mr. Mark Grimsley
- 6 pm – 9:30 pm, Live Entertainment, Produced By Missing Link Production
Event sponsors: the Doleman Black Heritage Museum, City of Hagerstown, Washington County Arts Council, Hagerstown Washington County Convention Visitors Bureau, Washington County Government, First United Bank, Brittany Wedd, Pauli Ward, Hagerstown Area Religious Council, and Meritus Medical Center sponsors the First Aid tent.
For other Juneteenth events check out our special page of events