About this event
To honor the International Day of Peace, an Interfaith Progressive Dinner will be held at three different local houses of worship with four faith traditions participating. Small plates of food will be served at each location as we progressively move as one group from place to place.
This is an opportunity to:
- Learn about different faith traditions
- Sample spiritually and culturally relevant foods
- Celebrate the International Day of Peace
- Build Community
Saturday, September 23 · 5 – 9pm EDT
$25 per person. Event is limited to a maximum of 100 people.
Ticket deadline is September 20 (while tickets last). Follow this link to purchase tickets.
Participating Faith Traditions:
- Unity of Hagerstown Church (Christian – Unity)
- Impact Ministries (Christian Pentacostal)
- Baha’is of Washington County (Baha’i)
- Islamic Society of Western Maryland (Muslim)
- Stop 1: 5:00-6:30 pm at Unity of Hagerstown, located at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 18313 Lappans Rd Boonsboro, MD 21713. Please arrive between 4:45 and 5:00 pm. Sample culturally relevant food and learn about Unity (new thought) tradition and the Baha’i faith.
- Stop 2: 6:45-7:45 pm at Impact Ministries, 132 Old National Pike Suite #2 Hagerstown, MD 21740. Enjoy a “fish fry” and learn about the Christian Pentecostal faith.
- Stop 3: 8:00-9:00 pm at the Islamic Society of Western Maryland, 2036 Day Rd Hagerstown, MD 21740. Learn about the Muslim faith while enjoying a variety of desserts, including traditional Pakistani dishes.