Shepherd’s Spring is gearing up to have their amazing and impactful summer camp programs after a yearlong hiatus due to the pandemic. However, they are facing difficulty finding camp nurses. Due to Maryland laws, they must have a camp nurse on site during camp sessions, and as you can imagine, many hospitals are short staffed, and nurses are being recruited for the high-demand (and high-paying) COVID vaccination sites.
As summer camp is only a few weeks away, they do not have any camp nurses lined up even though they have been diligently searching.
Quote from the staff: “Our hearts ache when we think about the chance of canceling camp due to this reason. We need your help and support. Below you will find some information about the camp nurse position. We ask that you forward this information to your congregations, community, friends, family, neighbors, and anyone else you know. Please be in prayer with us that we can fill this vital role so we can ultimately share Christ’s love with ~60 overnight campers and ~90 day campers from inner-city Hagerstown.
1. We need either one camp nurse for the summer or multiple nurses, each doing one week or more (there is a total of 7 weeks of camp this summer).
2. They must be an RN, CRNP, or MD with an active license in Maryland.
3. We are paying an end-of-week stipend of $300 as well as providing housing and all meals.
4. There are some weeks where we need the nurse Sunday through Friday (overnights) and some weeks where we need a nurse M-F normal working hours.
5. If they have children, they can come to camp for free for a week and at a discounted rate for any additional weeks.”
If anyone is interested, they can email to email@example.com or call 301-223-8193. They need to have this position filled by June 5th at the latest.
Download a description of the position and a schedule.