HARC, Islamic Center Hagerstown, Sheppard Pratt and other area organizations and houses of worship have started a Refugee Welcome Network (RWN) to better assist refugee families in our area with the many challenges and needs facing our struggling neighbors. God has blessed us with many resources! The RWN currently still has the following needs for the seven families we are currently serving (updated February 14).
- immigration lawyers nd people willing to fill out applications under the guidance of an immigration lawyer.
Used cars (old beaters that still run are fine)
bicycles, bus vouchers (including for Bayrunner rides to Baltimore)
- double or queen beds with mattresses
- Volunteers to become English tutors or teach a class
- sewing machines
- Jobs! For documented and undocumented adults, limited English skills.
- apartments/homes (one family specifically needs an apartment on the north end of Hagerstown for $1,200/mo or less)
- Financial assistance – for legal process, rent, utilities, etc. (donations can be made through HARC)
- Grocery gift cards
- Furniture and household supplies are also needed, but we’re waiting to see what we already have vs. need.