The Hagerstown Area Religious Council, an interfaith, ecumenical 501(c)3 non-profit organization in Washington County, Maryland is seeking an Executive Director to further the success of the organization. This is a permanent part-time position. Applicants will be collaborative, energetic persons who have demonstrated the ability to attract, nurture and grow members, partners and volunteers to accomplish specific organizational initiatives in the construct of vibrant, diverse community. Application must be made on or before August 9, 2019.
Full job description and instructions for how to apply:
Executive Director, Hagerstown Area Religious Council
(find application instructions at the end)
We are a coalition of faith community partners. The Hagerstown Area Religious Council (HARC) is a coalition of faith community partners in Washington County, Maryland. HARC has been active in the community since 1946 and
recognized as a 501c3 non-profit organization since 2001. Our partner congregations can differ greatly on theology, but all agree on the strength of working together to build a better community, help those in need, and support one another.
HARC’s mission is to embody mercy, justice and love as diverse faith partners in Washington County. We seek to fulfill this vital mission in the following ways: supporting and executing Ministries of Justice and Mercy, providing Information and Resources, and Fellowship and Support, Member Meetings, and Public Witness.
We are seeking an Executive Director who will lead us into the future, build on our success and challenge us to grow along the way. We are looking for a self-motivated, positive, creative person who seeks to achieve results relate to the mission and vision of HARC and wants to share the continuous story with of our work so that others will want to join us.
You are interested in sharing our story and advancing our mission.
You have a bachelor’s degree and/or job experience that translates to non-profit administration. You have strong financial management skills in every aspect of managing a non-profit. You have experience in growing an organization and supporting its mission as it grows.
You have experience and a deep passion for conveying a vision of the future to partners, volunteers and donors. You are totally committed to our mission and the results that move it forward. You will be skilled in identifying ways we can grow and meet challenges in the future. You are constantly seeking new and creative ways to increase revenue and strengthen relationships with partners, volunteers and donors. Your skills in communication of all kinds will help you to tell the story of HARC and engage existing and potential partners, donors and volunteers into the mission and continued future success of HARC.
We believe we can accomplish more together than we can alone; this concept resonates with you as a fundamental key to pursuing the mission of HARC.
Qualities of the ED
- Seeks, achieves, and demonstrates results
- Ability to understand and commit to the mission and vision of HARC
Education/Experience of the ED
- A bachelor’s degree with job experience that translates to non-profit administration.
- Strong financial management skills, to include preparing and executing budgets and
anticipating future needs based on strategic planning
- Strong organizational experience including planning, program development and delegation of
non-essential tasks in a distributed, volunteer organization
- Experience conveying a vision of the future to partners, volunteers and donors
- Experience with fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to faith-based non-profits
- Ability to write, speak and communicate in ways that tell the story of HARC and engage
existing and potential partners, donors and volunteers into the mission of HARC
Skills of the ED
- Recruiting partners, volunteers and participants which will increase our capacity for affecting
our local community
- Developing and increasing our donor base to support our current and future mission and
- Recruits and manages staff and volunteers for a wide variety of mission-essential tasks
- Secures grants and other external funding to support our mission
- Continuously develops our mission and strategic plans to meet our future in our context
HARC desires to be known by its relationships and its results.
Please send a resume and a brief statement indicating your qualifications for and interest in this position to