John Wesley UMC is seeking applications for the position of church secretary. This 25-30 hour/week position handles church communications preparing newsletters, weekly bulletins, including updating the website and producing slides for use in worship. The Secretary coordinates calendars, vendor scheduling and committee meetings. The Secretary supports the work of the Senior Pastor, the Director of Music and the work of the church treasurer. The position requires a strong attention to detail, the capability to communicate well with parishioners, vendors and the general public, ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and an ability to stay organized. Applications and related materials are available online at https://www.jw-umc.org/employment.
Broadfording Christian Academy Openings
Broadfording Christian Academy has part-time and/or full-time openings in the following areas:
- Physical Education
- Middle/High School Bible
- Middle/High School History
- Coaching (basketball and soccer)
Anyone interested in exploring these opportunities should contact Pastor Bill Wyand at email@example.com.
Clinical Pastoral Visitation Training
Do you want to:
Confidently meet new people and represent your Pastor? Know how to visit patients within a Healthcare or Nursing Home setting?
NO CO$T …
12 week program that provides trainees with a combination of 50 hours classroom and in practice education leading to a Certificate in Clinical Pastor Ministry in Hospitals & Nursing Homes
Download this brochure for detailed information
Download these brochures to share with others ( one page – half page)
For more information, contact
Rev. Richard W. Bower at 301-745-4285 or e-mail at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by US mail at:
Western Maryland Hospital Center
C/O Director, Clinical Chaplain SVC’s & Education
1500 Pennsylvania Ave.
Hagerstown, MD 21742-3112
Washcloths for Wellness
Camp Nurse(s) needed
Shepherd’s Spring is gearing up to have their amazing and impactful summer camp programs after a yearlong hiatus due to the pandemic. However, they are facing difficulty finding camp nurses. Due to Maryland laws, they must have a camp nurse on site during camp sessions, and as you can imagine, many hospitals are short staffed, and nurses are being recruited for the high-demand (and high-paying) COVID vaccination sites.
As summer camp is only a few weeks away, they do not have any camp nurses lined up even though they have been diligently searching.
Quote from the staff: “Our hearts ache when we think about the chance of canceling camp due to this reason. We need your help and support. Below you will find some information about the camp nurse position. We ask that you forward this information to your congregations, community, friends, family, neighbors, and anyone else you know. Please be in prayer with us that we can fill this vital role so we can ultimately share Christ’s love with ~60 overnight campers and ~90 day campers from inner-city Hagerstown.
1. We need either one camp nurse for the summer or multiple nurses, each doing one week or more (there is a total of 7 weeks of camp this summer).
2. They must be an RN, CRNP, or MD with an active license in Maryland.
3. We are paying an end-of-week stipend of $300 as well as providing housing and all meals.
4. There are some weeks where we need the nurse Sunday through Friday (overnights) and some weeks where we need a nurse M-F normal working hours.
5. If they have children, they can come to camp for free for a week and at a discounted rate for any additional weeks.”
If anyone is interested, they can email to email@example.com or call 301-223-8193. They need to have this position filled by June 5th at the latest.
Download a description of the position and a schedule.
Clinical Pastoral Visitation Training (CPVT) Program
Do you ever wish you had more people trained to help you in your ministry?
The Clinical Pastoral Visitation Training (CPVT) Program exists to assist you and other pastors.
Clinical Pastoral Visitation Training (CPVT) is an opportunity for Clergy to increase their ministry by having their people, or themselves, trained in doing effective Hospital, Nursing Home, and Institutional visitation; and in discerning the practice of ministry. The 12 week program provides trainees with 50 hours of education in the clinical setting, lectures, seminars, reflective writing, and with individual and group supervision. Trainees devote 4 hours a week in direct contact with patients and staff, providing visitations, receiving supportive counseling, leading religious activities, and participating in classroom activities.
Please feel free to contact Rev. Rich Bower with the names of the person’s you wish to sponsor or any questions.
REV. RICH BOWER, BCCC, CPRS, Director, Clinical Chaplain SVC’s & Education, Western Maryland Hospital Center, Hagerstown, MD, 21742-3112 firstname.lastname@example.org
(Office) (301) 745-4285 (Cell) (845) 598-1737
Seeking an Administrative Assistant – Position filled
Christ’s Reformed Church United Church of Christ, a historic Church in downtown Hagerstown, Maryland, is seeking a full-time administrative assistant. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the daily running of the Church office to include light book keeping and attendance records, maintaining the church calendar and events, weekly worship bulletins, monthly newsletters, giving statements, as well as maintaining the web site and Facebook page. Knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Starting salary $15 per hour based on experience. Health insurance, paid holidays, sick days and vacation included. For a complete job description, please contact email@example.com .
Rev. Don Marbury speech from HARC Meeting
HARC was blessed to have Rev. Don Marbury speak at our May 11 meeting and answer our questions. If you missed the meeting, we are glad to offer this recording on YouTube. Rev. Marbury speaks candidly about being Black in America and in Hagerstown, and about our obligations as people of God to overcome racism and divisions in our community.
Rev. Marbury is the senior pastor of Ebenezer AME Church in Hagerstown and author of the acclaimed book “MY PEOPLE, MY PEOPLE, MY GOD!” He left a 27-year career in 1997 as a top public broadcasting executive, television and film producer, and news anchorman to pursue his call to ministry. His writings and performances of his works have earned him national and international recognition.
Thanks to Rev. Kyle Powderly for streaming the HARC meeting live on Facebook and making this recording possible. Thanks also to Hub City Vineyard for providing the outdoor pavilion for comfort and safety during the pandemic.
Seeking a Custodian/Caretaker
John Wesley United Methodist Church, 129 N Potomac St., Hagerstown, MD is seeking a Custodian/Caretaker to clean and handle basic repairs for all public-facing areas of the church. Working parts of Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays the Custodian/Caretaker, working in coordination with church staff and volunteers, will open and close the building for scheduled and special activities. Applicants must have relevant experience and references, and work well with people. To apply to work on our smoke and drug free campus, go to www.jw-umc.org/employment to view the full job description and the application form. Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 7, 2021.
New Security Cameras available at discount prices
Zion Reformed United Church of Christ in Hagerstown has (new in-box) commercial-grade security cameras for sale at 50% or below retail value (discounted prices are listed below). Purchase as many or as few as desired (local pick-up). Links provided below are for product spec reference. Contact Becky with enquiries: 540-974-1797 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dome style cameras: Work well mounted under an overhang, ceiling, or to a wall. HD indoor/outdoor IP cameras with IR night vision., DX motorized optical zoom and auto focus.
- HTNC4403DM or HTN4503DM: 7 available for $175 each. https://sharxsecurity.com/product_HTNC4403DM
- HTNC5404DM: 3 available for $200 each. https://sharxsecurity.com/index
- Turret style cameras: Can be mounted to a wall, ceiling or under an eave. An excellent choice for indoor/outdoor general purpose security surveillance and monitoring. HTNC2201T: 13 available for $99 each. https://sharxsecurity.com/product_HTNC2201T
- VIPcella-IR with MicroSDH DVR and True Day/Night vision indoor cameras: Full HD 1080P indoor PoE IP network cameras: SCNC2900WP Full HD 1080P indoor PoE IP network camera with MicroSD DVR and True Day and Night Vision. 4 available for $100 each. https://www.amazon.com/Sharx-Security-SCNC2900WP-network-MicroSD/dp/B00IGGMHLU/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
- PTZ style camera: A full HD indoor/outdoor pan-tilt-zoom High-Power PoE IP camera with 30X motorized optical zoom and auto focus coupled with 400m/1300 ft of IR night vision in total darkness. A high power PoE power supply is required and included. HTNC4430XIR: 1 available for $800. https://sharxsecurity.com/product_HTNC4430XIR
- PTZ camera mount: HDB242E: 1 available for $50 https://www.amazon.sg/Sharx-Security-HDB242E-Outdoor-HTNC4430XIR/dp/B07NF4MLGZ